Weekend of Compelling Ales & Whatnot ... 2018!
The 2018 Weekend of Compelling Ales & Whatnot (#WOCAAW) is straight up compelling! And, it’s comin’ atcha with a slew of new offerings.
Happening at our Milton brewery on March 24, 2018, we’ll be featuring those off-centered ales and rarities you’ve come to know and love, as well as boatloads of more goodies … including our VIP sessions!
You’ll also find amazing beer-centric inspired food pairings, brewery and distillery tours, and Dogfish Head co-workers just dying to hang with you for the day!
When: March 24, 2018, 3:00 - 7:00 p.m. (VIP ticket holders gain access at 2 p.m.)
Where: Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
- Triple IPA - A WOCAAW exclusive brewed on our new R&D system at the brewery! 13% ABV
- Palo Santo Marron Aged in Scotch Barrels - we took our wood-aged classic to a new level! 12% ABV
- Siracusa Caber-Nero - Siracusa Nera aged in Cabernet Sauvignon barrels. 11% ABV
- Boysenberry Creamsicle Sour - A WOCAAW exclusive brewed on our new R&D system at the brewery! 4.5% ABV
- Dragon & YumYums - A music collaboration of epic proportions with The Flaming Lips, this lip smackingly tart pale ale is brewed with dragonfruit, yumberry, passionfruit, pear juice and black carrot juice for an explosion of fruit in every sip! 6.5% ABV
- Bourbon Barrel-Aged Palo Santo Marron - our classic Palo Santo Marron aged in bourbon barrels. 13% ABV
- Dark Cherry Sour Ale - A WOCAAW exclusive brewed on our new R&D system at the brewery! 6% ABV
- Galaxy Dry-Hopped Brett Saison - A WOCAAW exclusive brewed on our new R&D system at the brewery! 6% ABV
- Mango Prickly Pear Gose with Red Hawaiian Sea Salt - A WOCAAW exclusive brewed on our new R&D system at the brewery! 5% ABV
- Double IPA - A WOCAAW exclusive brewed on our new R&D system at the brewery! 8.5% ABV
- Pale Ale with Yuzu, Lemongrass and Jasmine Rice - A WOCAAW exclusive brewed on our new R&D system at the brewery! 4.5% ABV
- Additional beers to be announced soon!
And some more goodness from our distillery…
- Sonic Archeology Cocktail - A Prohibition-inspired whiskey cocktail with rum, brandy, honey, lemon and pomegranate juice. 25% ABV
- Sea Mule Cocktail - an off-centered twist on a classic Moscow Mule featuring SeaQuench Ale. 8% ABV
Specialty Tasting Sessions (available only for VIP & Super VIP ticket holders)
We’ll take you through a malt extract brew using our newest R&D equipment. Learn how to brew your very own tasty beer that you could potentially brew on a new homebrew starter kit that will be raffled off during the session from www.morebeer.com!
Led by Brewing Supervisor, Bill Marchi
Q&A with Sam
Join Sam for an intimate Q&A in the home of our new tanks in Bay 7. Raise a (sample) glass with him drinking beer that he will hand-select from his stash.
Led by Founder & CEO, Sam Calagione
Advanced Homebrewing Session
Graduated from homebrewing 101 but need to brush up on your skills, or just looking for brewing inspiration? Check out this session where our brewers will take you through a more advanced brewing process. Participants of this session will be entered in a raffle to win a $100 gift card to www.morebeer.com.
Led by Brewmaster, Mark Safarik
Brewery Tours - We’ll be offering tours of our Milton brewery throughout the day. Tours will begin at 3 p.m. and happen on the hour until 6 p.m. If you know that you would like to go on a tour, visit the tasting room right away to sign up for a specific tour time. Space on the tours is limited and they will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Meet your tour guide in the breezeway behind Bunyan's Lunchbox (food truck) when you’re ready to go exploring!
Treehouse Tours - Ever wanted to see what it’s like inside our Steampunk Treehouse? Now’s your chance! We’ll be giving treehouse tours from 2 - 7 p.m.!
Let’s talk tickets
General Admission - $65
- WOCAAW 2018 Tasting Glass
- 14 rare and/or exclusive beer samples (3 oz.)
- 14 food pairings
VIP - $175
- All the bells and whistles of General Admission plus …
- 1 hour early admission into the event (2:00pm)
- Coupon for a Crowler fill at our Rehoboth brewpub (to be used Saturday night or Sunday)
- 15% off at our Rehoboth brewpub all weekend and at our special brunch happening at Chesapeake & Maine on Sunday, March 26 from 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Access to 3 Specialty Tasting sessions, including a Q&A with Dogfish founder & CEO Sam Calagione and hand-selected beer from his stash!
Designated Driver - $35
- Food samples only
- Beach Beer available in the Tasting Room
Super VIP All-INNclusive Package
Single King or Double Queen Room Price Room Price - $899
- Two-night stay (Friday and Saturday)
- 2 VIP Tickets (see above VIP perks)
- Breakfast with Sam at the Inn on Saturday morning
- Shuttle service from the Inn to the brewery and back!
How do I get in on this?
IMPORTANT: The ticket holder’s ID must match the name on the ticket. If they do not match, entrance will be denied. Tickets are non-refundable, but can be transferred to another name.
Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats happenings
Friday – Dragons & YumYums release party!
Saturday – Beermosas, Bagels and Bacon with Dogfish Head Brewing Ambassador Bryan Selders (available to the first 20 VIP guests who register with two beers on us)! You'll also find a mind-blowing line-up of beer with live music beginning at 10 p.m. (TBD), and 15% off total bill and free crowler fill for VIP ticket holders.
Sunday - Brunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Chesapeake & Maine happenings
Saturday – Pre-WOCAAW Brunch from 11:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. (menu TBD)
Other housekeeping items
- Please wear closed-toed shoes if you plan on taking a tour.
- The Tasting Room will be closed to the public.
Looking for other places to crash? Start here:
Jolly Trolley will be using a pay-per-seat option ($10 each way) and it will be the responsibility of the guest to reserve their seat online prior to the event.
Pick-up times from Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats in Rehoboth will be 1:15 p.m. (VIP pick-up), 2:20 p.m., and 3:25 p.m.
Returning trips from the brewery will be at 6 and 7:15 p.m.
NOTE: The pay-per-seat program closes 24 hours before our first trip from Rehoboth Beach on March 23 at 1:15pm. Tickets will still be available on site at the same price, but seats will not be guaranteed without buying in advance.
For more information about WOCAAW, contact Tricia at email@example.com.