Due to the delivery and installation of our new tanks, we will not be offering tours after 2 p.m. May 16-18, as well as May 22. Also, we will not be able to venture over to our Off-centered Center for this same reason May 15-19, and May 22.
We will be closed on Wednesday, September 20 for a private event.
We will be closed on Sunday, September 24 for our annual Dogfish Dash!
We open our doors at 11:00am, noon on Sundays. Our tours are first come, first serve, and always free. We try our darndest to get everyone on a tour, but they do fill up quickly! We cannot guarantee spots.
Monday through Friday tours are every hour from 11:00am to 5:00pm.
Saturday tours leave on the half hour 11:00am to 5:00pm.
Sunday tours are every hour from 12:00pm to 5:00pm.
If you can't get in for the tour time you wanted, stay and hang with us for a while! All guests with valid, unexpired IDs are welcome to four free samples, whether you take a tour or not. Our store is also open so you can leave here with beer (bottles or growlers), T-shirts, hats, glassware, openers and other beer drinkin' goods. Bunyan's Lunchbox also serves beer-centric foods (think Brats, Sammwiches & Kettle Cooked Chips) during Tasting Room hours.
Safety - Please read before your tour!!
It's a pretty laid-back scene here, but we do have some safety considerations for tour guests. First, leave the open-toed shoes and high heels at home - you'll need close-toed shoes for the tour. Tours typically swing through the brewhouse, the cellars and the bottling line, but remember, we are a working - and growing - brewery. Occasionally, we might have a detour or two. There are stairs along the tour, as well as a lot of walking - some outside, weather-permitting. The tour lasts about 60 Minutes. Kids are welcome too, but we will be the first to let you know it is a PG-13 show! If you're okay with that, we ask parents to carry the itty-bitty ones in a Bjorn/backpack if possible, and please, keep a close eye on your kiddies of all ages. Strollers are not permitted on the tour.
The Tasting Room area is entirely handicap accessible so stop by any time for four free samples, shopping, or a brat and a pint! When it comes to tours, our tour route includes approximately 60 minutes of walking with stairs along the way. If you find this to be a challenge, fear not! There is still plenty going on in our Tasting Room for you to enjoy.
• We can accommodate wheelchairs on tours, but access is limited. Please contact us in advance so our Tour Team can provide you with the best experience!
• If you have any other concerns about visiting our tasting room or tour accessibility please contact email@example.com< mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
• Big group coming our way? We'd appreciate a heads up if you're trying to get on tour so that we can be ready for the extra love from our fans!
• Special groups, please send a note to email@example.com.
Tour nitty gritty
Outside food is not permitted in the brewery, we have food here for you!
• Animals are not permitted on the tour, but welcome to the tasting room if friendly around large groups (please use your discretion here, folks).
• Growlers are available for purchase and fill, but they are 'to go' only. We fill 32oz. & 64oz. growlers, any brand welcome! Growlers may not be consumed on premises.
Experience Goodness, From Grain to Glass
Experience all that awesome goodness that goes into our Dogfish Head ales & spirits, and join us on a tour of delicious adventure! Meander through normally off-limit parts of the brewery to gain a richer understanding on how we make our off-centered ales & spirits, and have a few beers & a cocktail along the way!
• Cold Storage - breathe in the delicious smells in the huge refrigerator that stores all the REAL ingredients that go into our beers (it's cold in there, so it's brief!)
• Grain Handling Room - see what sets our grains apart from the rest
• 200 BBL Brewhouse - see how we convert all that delicious starchy grain into wort
• Palo & Oak Wood-Aging Room - normally locked, we'll stop in here and learn about fermentation & wood aging beer. Sample the freshest 60 Minute you've ever had and try some Palo Santo Marron, a wood-aged beer
• Distillery - enjoy a keg-conditioned cocktail in our new distillery, get a primer on distillation and learn how we distill our beers into our new lineup of scratch-made spirits
• Sam's Stash - sample one of our vintage beers in the cage where Sam stores beers for aging...anywhere from 3-5 years!
• Steampunk Treehouse - ever wonder what's in that treehouse? Check it out!
The tour costs $30 / person and we limit it to 20 people per tour. In addition to the beer + cocktails, you'll walk away with some rad swag including a Dogfish Head pint glass & shot glass. We're talking incredible value here folks.
NOTE: **This is a 21 of age and older event and you MUST wear CLOSED TOED SHOES and LONG PANTS. Capri pants are not appropriate for this tour.
Thank you for your interest in visiting our off-centered world! There is a lot to see and do here at our Milton, Del., brewery:
• Beer sampling
• Bocce and cornhole
• Beer-infused food from Bunyan's Lunchbox
• A gallery of off-centered artists, musicians, actors and iconoclasts on the ceiling of our tasting room
• Pint sales
• Growler fills
• A chance to pick up some off-centered merchandise!