Eat, drink & be scary!
Oh my gourd … it’s fall, y’all! With cooler temps setting in, it’s time to starting planning those Halloween parties and checking off that fall activities list. Whether it’s hosting a costume party, hopping on a hayride, pumpkin carving, or whipping up some beer-infused goodies, we’ve got a few tricks - and treats - to get those creative juices flowing.
Grab a stencil, carve a Dogfish pumpkin!
It’s simple, really…
- Grab a four-pack of Punkin Ale or Flesh & Blood IPA. (Admittedly optional, but we're going for the full experience here, aren't we?)
- Download and print our pumpkin-carving stencils: Punkin Ale logo, Dogfish shark, Punkin Ale words.
- Tape a stencil on a pumpkin, then use something sharp to poke holes around the design so it transfers onto your pumpkin.
- Remove paper stencil and relief-carve the design on your pumpkin.
Beer & cheese? Yes, please!
Because who doesn’t love a good cheese ball?! We gave this classic party appetizer an off-centered twist with just a touch of our Punkin Ale…
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella
- 5 cups shredded cheddar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. chopped shallots
- 1 cup Punkin Ale (And while we haven’t tried it, we’re thinking Flesh & Blood IPA would taste equally as delicious!)
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
- A bit of hot sauce
- Pretzels, crushed, for coating
- Crackers, for serving
Mix together the mozzarella, cheddar, cream cheese, shallots, Punkin Ale, Worcestershire sauce, salt and hot sauce. Form mixture into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
Before serving, roll the cheese ball in crushed pretzels to coat. Then create indents around the cheese ball with a skewer or chopstick. Top with a pepper stem for the full pumpkin effect.
Sweet treat yo’self!
Punkin Ale has been around since 1995, so we’ve been lucky to try many a tasty Punkin cupcakes. And we gotta say … we haven’t met a cupcake we didn’t like yet! Here are two of our favorite recipes from two very talented fans that we make sure to revisit each and every year!
- Punkin Ale Cupcakes with Salted Whiskey Caramel Frosting
- Punkin Ale Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
It’s safe to say that fall just might be one of our favorite seasons between the Flesh & Blood and Punkin … oh my! So go on and get your gourd on ... Happy Halloween, y'all!