- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained, or 1 ½ cups cooked
- 1 medium beer, roasted, peeled, and quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional garnishes: chopped cilantro, flaky sea salt, olive oil
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine the chickpeas, beet, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Process on high until smooth, stopping as needed to scrape down the sides and underneath the blade with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl and garnish with chopped cilantro, flaky sea salt, and / or a drizzle of olive oil (if desired). Serve with Pita Chips, Crostini, or carrot sticks.
We never thought we'd love making hummus from scratch, but leave it to Shalane (and her co-author Elyse Kopecky) to get us hooked! The 'Don't Get Beet Hummus' is a delicious treat that happens to pair perfectly with our 60 Minute IPA! Vibrant with just the right amount of sweet and earthy, this beet hummus complements the balanced hoppiness of 60 Minute.