NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ACCESS TO THE INTERNET IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE.
How to Enter:
- Via Instagram and Strava: During the Promotion Period, post your original "Halloween Costume photo" ("Photo") on Instagram with the hashtags #DFHRunClub ("Entry"), to enter the Contest. All runs are required to be posted to Strava to verify participation. You must also follow @DogfishHead on Instagram and include the hashtag in your post. You must have non-private Instagram and Strava accounts to enter and have your account privacy setting set to "Off". Instagram and Strava accounts can be opened for free by downloading the applications from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Each Entry must be a unique Photo and there is no limit on Entries. All Entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on Sunday, November 1. Entries will not be judged but must adhere to the Entry Guidelines indicated below, as determined by Dogfish in their sole discretion.
- AMOE: At the end of the Halloween Costume challenge, runners can enter by entering relevant info into the Halloween Costume challenge online form on the Run Club site and include (i) links to Strava runs, and (ii) requested contact information.
How to Win
Dogfish will conduct judging within seven (7) days of the end of the entry period, from all eligible entries received to such date, such eligibility to be determined in Dogfish’s sole discretion. Go for a run in your most creative, awesomest and off-centered Halloween Costume! Dogfish will judge the entries on a combination of creativity, quality, and location (meaning should be able to easily tell where you are!). The photograph must be an original photo; winner must have original copyright to the photo to be eligible to win. Dogfish will contact potential winners via Social. Dogfish will request potential winners to confirm they are legal residents who are 21 or older, and to provide a mailing address to deliver the prize. You are not a winner until Dogfish has verified your eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules. Potential winners must respond within three (3) days or their entry will be forfeited and a new potential winner will be selected in their place using the same methods mentioned above. Dogfish will schedule or ship all prizes, where applicable, to the winner within thirty (30) days after all winners are confirmed. In the event there are no qualifying entries, no winner will be selected.
What You Can Win
The grand prize winner will win a Ceramic Growler, with an approximate retail value of $145.00. Three (3) second prize winners will receive a pair of ceramic mugs, with an approximate retail value of $50 per pair. Total prize at retail value (“ARV”): $295.00. Dogfish reserves the right to modify the prize based on availability and will replace any such variations with prizes of similar value.
- This Promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the US who are age 21 or older and who have a web-enabled mobile device at time of entry. Dogfish co-workers and partners (including wholesale and retail partners and their employees, families or agents) aren’t eligible to enter or win this Promotion.
- Entry Period: Begins Friday, 10/23 at 12:00 AM EST and ends Sunday, 11/1 at 11:59 PM EST (“Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by the close of the Promotion Period to be eligible to win.
- Force majeure. If the contest is cancelled on the scheduled dates due to acts of war, natural disaster, health crisis, pandemic, global supply chain disruption or other events beyond the control of either Party (“Force Majeure Event”), then Dogfish will use its best efforts to hold the contest on a another date as soon as reasonably possible after the originally scheduled date. If, as a result of the Force Majeure Event, the contest is cancelled and no rescheduled date is feasible, such cancellation(s) shall not constitute a breach of these Contest rules.
- This Promotion is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Entry must comply with the Strava Terms of Service (https://www.strava.com/legal/terms).
- Entrant must own all rights to the Entry and have the right to grant Dogfish a license to use the Entry (including any material embodied in the Entry).
- Entry must be entrant's sole original work and may not have been submitted previously in a contest or sweepstakes of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond entrant's immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
- Entry must not (and entrants represent and warrant that it will not), violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, trade dress, logos, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
- Entry must not make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than Dogfish’s), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable.
- Clothing worn in the Entry should not feature any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party materials (other than Dogfish’s).
- Entry must not include any representation or likeness of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other public or private figure (living or deceased unless entrant has express permission), any commercial solicitation or promotional materials, websites, contact info or personally-identifiable information (e.g., first or last name, address, phone number, place of work, email address, etc.).
- If an Entry includes the image or likeness of anyone other than the entrant, entrant represents and warrants that entrant has obtained permission from each such individual and agrees to provide written copies of such permission to Dogfish upon request.
- Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Dogfish’s sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Dogfish, or their products or other people, products or companies.
- Entry must not contain content that is known by Entrant to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Persons under the age of 21 may not appear in an Entry. If any person (21 or older) appears in your Entry, you must have made that person aware that you are submitting an Entry containing their image in this Contest and they have agreed to such submission.
- Entry should not appeal primarily to persons under the legal drinking age, nor should it include images of Santa Claus or cartoon characters.
- Entry must not include images or activity that is lewd or indecent, scenarios portraying sexually explicit activity as a result of consuming beer, nor images or activity that suggests that beer is needed for social, financial, educational or athletic success.
- Entry must not portray, encourage or condone drunk driving or depict situations where beer is being consumed rapidly, excessively, involuntarily, as part of a drinking game or as a result of a dare, or portray
beer drinking before or during activities that for safety reasons require a high degree of alertness or coordination.
All Entries become the exclusive property of Dogfish, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Dogfish is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar Entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes Entry services to create fraudulent identities) will void all Entries by that entrant. In the event of a dispute, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
a/k/a the Fine Print:
- The winner must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility.
- By entering the Contest, you grant to Dogfish Head Craft Brewery LLC, Dogfish Head LLC, Dogfish Head Marketing, LLC, and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective agents, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and representatives (collectively, "Dogfish") the right to edit, publish, copy, display and otherwise use your submission, and to further use your name and your likeness, and information in advertising and promotional materials, without compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- Dogfish’s principal place of business is 6 Cannery Village Center, Milton, DE 19958.
- All prize details are at the sole discretion of Dogfish. All prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted, except at Dogfish’s sole discretion.
- Any and all federal, state and local taxes on the prizes, and any other costs, fees, and expenses not explicitly stated herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the Contest winner.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. The odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Strava. You understand that you are providing your information to Dogfish and Strava, and not to Instagram.
- By participating, each Entrant agrees: (1) to abide by these rules and the decisions of Dogfish, which shall be final in all respects, relating to this Contest; (2) to release, discharge, and hold harmless Dogfish, from any and all injuries, liability, losses, and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize; and (3) to the use of his/her submission, organization, story, name, voice, performance, photograph/video, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Dogfish and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from Entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. Any submission grants Dogfish a non-exclusive, non-terminable right to publish, show, sell, advertise, and promote the entrant in any way it sees fit; and (d) comply with all terms and conditions of this Contest. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in this Section, and in these General Rules.
- A potential winner must respond to the notification within the timeframe stated in the notification and provide his/her full name, age and mailing address. Failure of a potential winner to provide this information within the stated timeframe will result in forfeiture of the prize. Except where prohibited, the potential winner must sign and return to Dogfish, within three (3) business days of being notified, an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release and IRS W-9 Form in order to claim his/her Prize. Failure to return documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the Entrant being disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner in Dogfish’s sole discretion.
- Dogfish may disqualify anyone from participating in the Contest or winning a prize (and void all associated entries) if, in its sole discretion, it determines that such person is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrant or Dogfish representative(s). ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, DOGFISH RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Dogfish reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend any portion of the Contest for any reason.
- For the name of prize winner, mail a request indicating the location of the Contest and the Contest dates, along with a self-addressed, U.S. postage stamped envelope, to: Dogfish Head Contest Winners List, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, 6 Cannery Village Center, Milton, DE 19968, for receipt within 30 days after the final selection date.