The 2013 Weekend of Compelling Ales & Whatnot (#WOCAAW) is all about the hops!!! It’ll be three full days of off-centered ales, with a special focus on the ever-tasty and always intriguing India Pale Ale.
You'll find incredible draft lineups at the pub, innovative beer-inspired grub, a hop-centric beer fest at the brewery, random Randall appearances, brewery tours and a heck of a lot more.
When: March 8-10, 2013
Where: Saturday, March 9, at Dogfish Head Craft Brewery in Milton, Del., and Friday, March 8, Saturday, March 9, and Sunday, March 10, at Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats in Rehoboth Beach, Del.
We're selling 400 tickets, first-come first-served, so act fast! Click here to purchase.
Friday, March 8 – Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats / Rehoboth Beach
- An insane lineup of draft: Positive Contact, Tweason’ale, Shelter Pale Ale, 60 Minute IPA, CASK 75 Minute IPA, 120 Minute IPA, Rhizing Bines Imperial IPA, Burton Baton, Chicory Stout
- Brewpub Exclusives: Belma Pale Ale, Hot Hazel, Blush, Palo Santo Ahumado, DNA 2012, Analog Beer, Beard de Garde, I’ll Brew You if You Brew Me, and a few more…
- Randalls (Friday night only): Aprihop (RANDALL w/ Fortress Soaked Kumquats, Noble Rot Chateau Jiahu (RANDALL w/ Sake Soaked Hawthorne Fruit)
And check out the beer-inspired grub….
- House Boiled Peanuts (brined in 90 Minute IPA)
- Scotch Egg served with smoked green tomatoes
- Duck Confit Presse with pickled cherries
- Veal Sweetbread Nuggets with black truffle butter
- Midnight Moon and Bacon Grilled Cheese with roasted tomato mustard
And don’t forget LIVE MUSIC starting at 10 PM.
* Menu and draft list subject to change based on availability and awesomeness.
* No reservations, first come first serve
Saturday, March 9 – Dogfish Head Craft Brewery / Milton / Event runs 11am-5pm
- Tickets are $15. Details on how to purchase are below.
- 15 Dogfish Head Craft Ales available for sample from your WOCAAW mini English pint glass.
We don’t want to give them all away, but here’s a sample of a few of your samples.
- 60 Minute IPA paired with Hop Pickle Cheese Dip and homemade sesame crackers. Thanks Brooklyn Brine (www.brooklynbrineco.com) for getting our beer in your pickles.
- Beemster XO cheese paired with Burton Baton.
- Indian Brown Ale and some chocolate from our friends at Askinosie Chocolate (www.askinosie.com).
- Midnight Moon and Bacon Grilled Cheese to accompany 90 Minute IPA.
- Chicken liver mouse with crostini and a special small batch beer pairing.
- Spent grain Pretzels to pair as you like it.
- Small Batch Brewing Demonstration…perhaps some continuous hopping too.
- Hop Union Hop Display (www.hopunion.com) and special Randallizations.
- Sam will be hanging and running around during the day to enjoy a beer and philosophize about hoppiness.
- Brewery tours available throughout the day.
* A note on TOURS: Please wear closed-toed shoes.
Saturday, March 9 – Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats / Rehoboth Beach
- Continued insane draft line up and awesome food.
- LIVE MUSIC starting at 10 PM.
* No reservations, first come first serve.
Sunday, March 10 – Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats / Rehoboth Beach
- Brunch: 9 -11 a.m. Reservations are accepted for 9, 9:30, 10, 10:30, and 11 a.m. seating times. Walk-ins also accepted at the bar and as space allows. So come out and start your day off with a 2011 World Wide Stout run through the RANDALL and fresh coffee beans. Good morning! Email BrewpubEvents@dogfish.com with your name, # in your party and preferred seating time.
How do I get in on this?
- Tickets for Saturday's event at the brewery are just $15.
We’ve only got 400 Tickets, so want to get yours? Click here to purchase.
* Note: Please ensure that you have a valid (and non-expired) ID, we'll need to see it when you pick up your glass!
Need a place to crash? Start here:
For more information about WOCAAW, contact email@example.com.