Since 1999, Dogfish Head has worked closely with molecular archaeologist Dr. Patrick McGovern to bring ancient brewing history back to life. The resulting Ancient Ales transport modern beer connoisseurs to a time when brewers were unencumbered by purity laws, style rules and bottom lines.
Juniper berries, chai, cocoa nibs, ancho chilies, muscat grapes, saffron and honey are some of the unique ingredients that flavor these Ancient Ales and make them perfect for food pairings.
Step back in time with us…
The menu and Ancient Ales pairings will vary at each of the dinners in our series, but some (if not all!) of these beers will be featured….
* Midas Touch: This sweet yet dry mead-like beer is made with ingredients found in 2,700-year-old drinking vessels.
* Chateau Jiahu: Inspired by the oldest-known fermented beverage, Chateau Jiahu is made with hawthorn fruit, sake rice, barley and honey.
* Sah'tea: Boiled over white-hot river rocks, Sah'tea is flavored with rye, juniper and black chai tea.
* Theobroma: Based on the chemical analysis of 3,000-year-old pottery fragments found in Honduras, Theobroma is brewed with artisanal Askinosie cocoa, honey, chilies and annatto.
* Ta Henket: This earthy translation of Egyptian hieroglyphics is brewed with loaves of hearth-baked bread, flavored with doum fruit and fermented with a native Egyptian yeast strain.
In addition, the ticket price for each of these Ancient Ales dinners includes one of our Ancient Ale goblets, a Dogfish Head Ancient Ale stone coaster and an Ancient Ale poster.
For more details on menu and pricing, please contact Coalhouse Pizza directly. *Please note, the dishes for these Ancient Ales Dinners are very carefully designed to complement the beers; therefore they cannot offer substitutions to the prix fixe menu. Menu is subject to change due to seasonal availability on the freshest of ingredients.
85 High Ridge Rd
Tel: (203) 977-7700